Transferring credits to CAMP allows previous college-level study, examinations, or career experience to be evaluated for possible college credits. CAMP only accepts transfer credit for which a student has earned a grade of "C" or better. CAMP's Catalog outline the college policy on accepting transfer credits from other institutions. The Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form, must be submitted to initiated the evaluation. Only courses that are applicable to your current major will be considered for transfer. If you decide to change your major, transfer credits from a previous major will not be removed.
Prior to submitting the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form, the student must ensure they are placed in the degree plan of their choice. Upon submission of the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request a maximum of 45 credits will be transferred in as applicable to the student’s degree plan on record in the Student Information System (SIS) at the time of the request. The College Registrar Office (CRO) will implement this process with a review of the requestors’ advisement report for degree requirements. Throughout this process, the CRO will review the requestor’s academic record and all Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) documents submitted for credit awards. Credits will not be given for duplicate course requirement. Students will receive an email notification once evaluations are completed.
To have your previous work evaluated by CAMP, please send your official documents to:
Paul D Camp Community College
College Registrar Office
100 North College Drive
Franklin, VA 23851
- Please fill out the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form
- This form is required to evaluate college transcripts, international transcripts and test scores such as IB, AP, CLEP.
- If you attended another college within the Virginia Community College System, you do not need to request an official transcript to be sent to CAMP.
- Please allow approximately eight to twelve weeks from the time the CRO receives your document for the review of your transfer credit.
Please note delays can be expected during certain times of the year, e.g., graduation, CAMP program application deadlines, and the beginning of each semester.
- You will be contacted regarding your transcript evaluation through your VCCS email address. CAMP does not accept faxed college transcripts.
- Students are responsible for submitting all required documents pertaining to evaluation.
- Students who elect to send official transcripts via the National Student Clearinghouse, Naviance, Parchment or directly from their institution can direct their transcripts to email@example.com.
- Important: Sending your transcripts to a different email may result in delays, and/or the College Registrar Office not receiving your documents
CAMP accepts official college transcript by the following methods:
- Digitally via a transcript service such as Parchment or the National Student Clearing House
- US mail in a sealed envelope
- Hand-delivered in a sealed envelope
Transfer grades appear as a "T" and do not impact a student's GPA.
CAMP will evaluate and transfer all applicable 100 level and 200 college level coursework. Transfer credit coursework will appear on your Camp Official transcript as well as your advising report.
If you attended another college in the Virginia Community College System, you do not need to send an official transcript to CAMP Please fill out the VCCS Evaluation form.
The College Registrar's Office (CRO) is responsible for evaluating the following:
- Transcripts from colleges and universities within the United States and foreign transcripts evaluated by WES, IERF, FCSA, or ECE.
- Non-traditional credits include AP, ABLE, ACE, CLEP, CAMBRIDGE, DSST, IB, SAT II, and high school transcripts.
- College-level credit earned through work experience or from another type of learning institutions
Your transcript will only be processed if you have the following:
- Applied to CAMP.
- Declared a program of study.
- Submitted official transcript/test score.
- Enrolled in classes
We encourage you to submit any previous college transcripts, standardized exam scores, certificates, licensures, or military experience before enrolling in your first term at CAMP. However, your information will not be evaluated by the Office of the College Registrar for transfer credit processing until after the academic drop deadline during your first term.