Distance Education at Paul D. Camp Community College offers exciting, convenient, and affordable course options. Camp offers several online classes that can be found by accessing the college’s schedule of offerings. The college also partners with Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) in a Shared Services Distance Learning (SSDL) agreement. This agreement allows Camp students to access several pre-selected course offerings from NOVA’s SSDL course schedule. For more information concerning Shared Services Distance Learning, please contact Audrey Lawrence at 757.348.0843 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, Camp has several programs in which all required courses can be completed through distance education. These include:
- General Studies degree, and the General Education certificate
- General Studies – Computer Science
- Early Childhood Education
- Business Administration
- Administration of Justice
Prospective students who have questions about distance education should contact the Office of Admissions. Current students should speak with their academic advisor. Students who have a complaint about Camp’s distance education are requested to follow the college’s Complaint Policy.
||Paul D. Camp Community College has been approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.|
Camp uses Canvas as its learning management system. Canvas is where you will find important information such as course-related announcements, course materials, assignments, your grades and more. Canvas is unique in its structure and opportunities for students and faculty to engage with course materials and one another.
To Access Canvas
- Visit learn.vccs.edu
- Log in with your VCCS login credentials
- Click on your course
- Canvas Student App:
- Canvas Student allows students to access their courses and groups using a mobile device. Students can submit assignments, participate in discussions, view grades and course materials. The app also provides access to course calendars, To Do items, notifications, and Conversations messages. Check out this quick tutorial on the Canvas Student App.
The Symantec antivirus software that used to be provided to the students through Blackboard is now available through Canvas. You can visit resources.vccs.edu for more information.
Get Started with Canvas
If you have questions that are specific to Canvas, you may contact our eLearning Specialist by submitting a help ticket – email@example.com.
For a self-enroll guide to using Canvas please visit: Building with Canvas
Alternatively, feel free to contact Canvas directly for:
- Step-by-step guides on how to do anything in Canvas. (guides.canvaslms.com)
- Live Help
- Call (877) 875-8425
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the Help button in your Canvas course
We are excited about our transition to Canvas, and we look forward to your progress and success this semester.