Many of you are understandably concerned about the flu and coronavirus (COVID-19). In an effort to keep our campus community informed, we plan to continue communicating with you as new information becomes available.
Everyone can help prevent the spread of infectious diseases, and public health professionals recommend:
- wash your hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds
- cough and sneeze into your elbow or into a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash
- avoid close contact (touching or shaking hands) with people who are sick
- avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes
- stay home when you are sick
As the health and safety of our campus community is our highest priority, the college is taking additional steps. We are increasing the frequency of services to clean and disinfect high-use areas. We are providing hand sanitizer in public spaces throughout the campus. Disinfectant wipes will be available to clean common-use items such as public computers.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to say that the risk for coronavirus in the U.S. is low, and we are monitoring updates daily from the CDC and the Virginia Department of Health. More information is available at https://www.cdc.gov/ and http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/
Please take care of yourselves, each other, and help protect the health of our Camp Community.