Multi-Factor Authentication is required for all MyCamp accounts.
Do I have to set up multi-factor authentication?
Yes. All students, regardless of the types of classes you take, are required to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) to access the MyCamp portal and the apps in the portal, such as Canvas, Gmail, SIS and Navigate.
What is multi-factor authentication?
MFA is another layer of online security that requires you to verify you are who you say you are. This additional security measure helps protect students’ and the college’s data. There are several MFA options available. Some require use a mobile device that you always have with you.
What should I consider as I set up MFA?
- There are several options. Choose the option that’s best for you. We also recommend setting up a back-up method.
- Before starting to set up MFA, check your personal information in SIS, making sure your personal email address and mobile number are up-to-date. Some MFA options access this information each time you log in.
- Give yourself time. The set-up process can take several minutes. Don’t try to set it up right before a class starts or an online assignment is due.
What if I need help setting up MFA or logging into the MyCamp portal?
You can contact IT Support:
MFA Options and Set-up Guides
Options requiring a mobile device, such as a cell phone, you keep with you:
- Push Notifications – This option uses an app, called RapidIdentity, which is downloaded to your mobile device. Each time you log into the MyCamp portal, a notification will appear on your mobile device, asking you to approve or deny access to the portal.
For more information please view the Push Notifications tutorial.
- SMS – This option sends SMS (texts) to your mobile device. Each time you log into the MyCamp portal, you’ll receive a text with a code you’ll need to enter as part of your portal login.
For more information please view the SMS tutorial.
- Google Authenticator – This option is set up with your mobile device and creates a unique time-based one-time passcode (TOTP). Each time you log into the MyCamp portal, Google Authenticator will create a new TOTP that you will need to enter as part of your portal login.
For more information please view the Google Authenticator tutorial.
Options using desktop/laptops:
- WinAuth – This option is set up on a desktop or laptop that uses Windows. Each time you log into the MyCamp portal, WinAuth will create a new TOTP that you will need to enter as part of your portal login.
For more information please view the WinAuth tutorial.
- OTP Manager – This option is set up using an Apple (Mac) desktop or laptop. Each time you log into the MyCamp portal, OTP Manager will create a new TOTP that you will need to enter as part of your portal login.
For more information please view the OTP Manager tutorial.
MFA for Dual Enrollment Students:
Dual Enrollment students will also have MFA enforced using the Pictograph (one image) MFA methodology with alternate email MFA as a backup.
Dual enrollment students are automatically loaded to use the Pictograph method.