The S.T.E.P.S. (Students Transitioning through Education Programs Successfully) program was developed by Paul D. Camp Community College in alignment with the Virginia’s Community Colleges Chancellor’s College Success Coach Initiative.
The purpose of this initiative is to increase the number of students who graduate with associate degrees; earn a career readiness, general education, or other career certificates; or transfer to other institutions of higher education.
With personal coaching, S.T.E.P.S. encourages and empowers students to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals by identifying and accessing on and off campus resources.
All Services are Completely Free!
The program is funded by the Chancellor’s College Success Initiative
What services do we offer?
- One-on-One Coaching -- Success Coaches are available to help you set your personal and academic goals by offering and suggesting many resources.
- Group coaching sessions -- These sessions offer a variety of information and allow you to socialize and get to know your peers; sessions are located on both campuses Tuesday Talks on the Franklin campus and Campus Conversations on the Hobbs Suffolk Campus
- Scholarship applications assistance -- The coaches are here to help you with your applications to determine that eligibility requirements are met. Ensuring that your application packet is complete.
- Financial Aid literacy.
- Many other services.
How Can You Get More Information?
Contact one of the College Success Coaches,
Tisha Evans- (757) 569-6780 email@example.com
S.T.E.P.S. combines both academic and non-academic support to increase retention rates. The Community Resources Toolkit, which is aligned with Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, was developed to link students to non-academic supports. The Community Resources Toolkit provides a list of over 200 community resources including food, shelter, clothing and transportation.
The College Success Program is currently updating the Community Resources Toolkit. We are looking for information to add to the toolkit. For those of you that do not know, the Community Resources Toolkit is a collection of resources that could be beneficial to our students.
If you know of any organizations that might be relevant to our students, please pass them along.
We are looking for the following information:
- Name of Place
- Phone Number(s)
- Contact Person (if available)
- Website (if available)
- Description of Services Provided
This information can be submitted at: https://forms.gle/4xnJXqURTdNsJ7G36
Any information you provide would be greatly appreciated! You can also provide general information and the team will research the details.
Thank you in advance for the help.
With high hopes, The College Success Team
Tuesday Talks: Franklin
Campus Conversation: Suffolk
Join these informal, 30 minute conversations each week to plug in at Camp Community College. Relevant, engaging topics are designed with busy students in mind. Sessions are open to everyone.
In addition to the coaching, referral, and workshop services that have been provided for the past seven years, we are pleased to announce that tutoring services will be offered for S.T.E.P.S. participants during the 2019-20 academic year. More information can be found here: Tutoring Services