The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) has standardized on Zoom Pro for a video teleconference (VTC) solution to support faculty, staff, and students. Every faculty, staff, and student has access to a Zoom Pro license and can use that license to schedule their own VTC sessions. If you are not familiar with Zoom Pro (www.zoom.us), it is very similar to WebEx, but in many ways easier to use and more focused on education. The System Office IT team is in the process of integrating Zoom with Canvas and adding it to MyCamp portal. As the information on the level of integration becomes available we will share it with you. Here are some basic instructions for accessing Zoom. Please feel free to log in and experiment with Zoom and think about the many ways you might be able to use it to support both instruction and administrative needs. There are many possibilities.
- Click on the ZOOM link: vccs.zoom.us
- Click on the setting button, and log in using your MyVCCS credentials.
- That’s it!
Zoom Meeting set-up Best Practices to prevent Inappropriate Behavior or "Zoom-bombing"
- Do NOT post your meeting info on any public platform (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- Disable “Join Before Host” so people can’t cause trouble before you arrive.
- Enable “Co-Host” so you can assign others to help moderate.
- Disable “File Transfer” so there’s no digital virus sharing.
- Disable “Allow Removed Participants to Rejoin” so booted attendees can’t slip back in.
Additionally you may:
- Enable "Waiting Room" so that you specifically allow users in
- Enable the option to only allow authenticated users to join
- Enable "Mute Participants on entry"
Also, if you reach a login screen like the one below, simply click on the Sign In with SSO (single sign-on) button to access your ZOOM account.
Help is always right around the corner too.