Forward All Calls
To forward all incoming calls to another number:
- Press the CFwdALL soft key. You hear a confirmation beep.
- Dial the number to which you want to forward all your calls. Dial the number exactly as if you were placing a call to that number. Remember to include locally required prefix numbers. The phone display is updated to show that calls will be forwarded.
- Press the pound key (#) or the EndCall soft key.
Note: To forward calls to voice mail, manually enter the voice mail number, or use the CFwdALL soft key plus the Messages button, followed by the EndCall soft key. When call forward all is set, the display shows the Call Forward Icon.
To forward calls to a speed-dial number, use the CFwdALL soft key plus a speed-dial button, followed by the EndCall soft key.
To cancel call forwarding:
- Press the CFwdALL soft key.
To Access Voicemail from another phone:
- Dial your phone number, when it goes to your voice mail greeting:
- Press *
- It will ask for your ID (your ID is your extension), enter your extension
- It will ask for you password, enter your password
- Then retrieve your voice mail as usual
Camp uses the VCCS state managed Voice over IP (VoIP) telephone system and voice mail systems. The VoIP system provides significant savings for the college by using the network to route calls across Virginia.
To make a local call including 911, dial 9 and the seven digit number. Dialing the 9 takes you to the local Verizon telephone network. At this point, you are not in the VCCS voice over IP network.
To make a long distance Virginia call, dial only the area code and the number. Do NOT dial the 9. This keeps you in the VCCS voice over IP network which does not cost the college anything. For instance, if you make a call to Richmond, the call travels out of the college network through a router to the VCCS network in Richmond. It then goes out of the VCCS network in Richmond to their Verizon telephone network as a local call. As a result there is no cost the college.
If you make a Virginia long distance call by dialing 9, the area code and the number, you are now on the Verizon telephone network and the college will be charged Verizon long distance telephone charges.
If you hear a fast busy when dialing a Virginia long distance number over the voice over IP network, please submit a SchoolDude help desk ticket stating who you were trying to contact, the telephone number and use the problem type of Telephone Services. VCCS network engineers can help us resolve these dialing issues.
If you need to make an out of state long distance call, dial 9, the area code and the number. Verizon long distance charges will occur.