Transfer Students

If you are a student at Camp Community College and are planning on transferring from Camp Community College to a four-year institution, we can help you choose a career pathway and help you enroll in a program that fits your interests and goals.

*The Nursing program does not accept transfer students into their Nursing or Allied Health programs.

To Talk to an Advisor, please call (757) 569-6707.

Camp Community College offers several transfer options.  These options are designed for a seamless transition.  Camp Community College’s goal is to see that your transfer needs are met from start to finish and once you transition to your four-year college or university, that it is a “great fit for you.”

(Transfer Checklist) Before you transfer to a 4-year Institution

  • Visit the schools you are interested in to get a feel of the campus. Collect information on the degrees or occupations of interest.
  • Talk with an Admissions representative at the institution that you are interested in.
  • Once you select a college of your choice, complete their application by their designated deadline.
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by October 1.
  • Request your official academic transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended and send to your desired school.
  • Schedule an appointment with your advisor at your institution where you will be attending.

Transfer Terminology

Guaranteed Admissions Agreements or (GAA) - The Guaranteed Admissions Agreement or (GAA) is a document that provides a clear transfer pathway for students earning AA, AS, or AA&S degrees from VCCS colleges.

Articulation Agreements - Articulation Agreements are essentially a partnership between two institutions to recognize credits toward a degree.

The Virginia Education Wizard - The Virginia Education Wizard helps students explore careers, find college majors that match career interests, estimate and compare college costs, find and apply for financial aid and scholarships and plan their transfer from community colleges to four- year institutions.

Transfer Virginia

Transfer Virginia is a collaborative partnership between the State Council of Higher Education, the Virginia Community College System, the Aspen Institute, HCM Strategists, and Sova. It embraces the growing need for seamless transfer among the Commonwealth’s institutions by: Engaging key stakeholders to improve communication and facilitate collaboration. Engaging faculty across institutions to better align academic expectations at two-year and four-year schools. Developing program maps that will guide students from high school to community college to university degree completion. Streamlining transfer articulation agreements and improving guaranteed admission agreements. Creating models for regional dual-admission and co-enrollment programs. Developing an online transfer portal that serves all students.

Reverse Transfer

Reverse transfer is a unique process for awarding associate degrees to students who have transferred in pursuit of a bachelor's degree before completing the requirements for an associate degree at a two-year institution.

If your education and career goals include a bachelor’s degree – or beyond -- begin to grow that future right here at Camp with a degree designed for transfer to a four-year college or university.