Programs: Professional Welder- Pipe (221-995-79)
Award: Career Studies Certificates
This training program starts with hands-on welding classes, and the majority of classroom experience is through interactive workshop courses. It’s an exciting training program that will prepare you to jump-start your pipe welding career in less than one year.
What will I learn?
- Each student will learn industry safety, tape measurements, basic math, operate basic hand tools, operate all shop machinery, blueprint reading, basic welding principles and cutting procedures.
- Weld processes in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding(GMAW), Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), and Oxy-fuel Gas Welding (OFW), Brazing, and Soldering
- Out of position welding
- OFC, PAC, CAC thermal processes
- Fit, prep, and welding Plate
- Fit, prep, and welding Pipe (open root E6011)
What qualifications can I receive in this program?
Welding Students are encouraged to take their qualification weld tests. Below is a list of AWS (American Welding Society) qualifications each student can earn while in the Professional Pipe Welding Program.
- Steel SMAW 6G Pipe, Limited- AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel SMAW All Position Plate, Limited – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel FCAW All Position Plate, Limited – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel GTAW 3G Plate, Limited – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel GMAW-S 2G Plate, Limited – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel SMAW Tack Welder Qualification – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- AWS SENSE Level 1 Entry Welder- AWS QC10 and AWS EG2.0
- AWS SENSE Level 2 Advanced Welder – AWS QC11 and AWS EG3.0
How long will I need to be in College?
Students can complete this program in just three semesters
What job or career can I get with a Professional Pipe Welding CSC?
Upon completion each student will process the skills necessary for entry-level pipe welding positions in welding industry.
All students that successfully complete the Professional Pipe Welding Program with a 3.0 GPA or higher will qualify for a payed apprenticeship with RepairTech LLC.
How much can I earn with a Professional Pipe CSC?
Below are the 2020 Hourly wages for careers in the pipe welding Industry within the Hampton roads workforce region.