Programs: General Welding (221-995-01)
Award: Career Studies Certificates
This training program starts with hands-on welding classes, and the majority of classroom experience is through interactive workshop courses. It’s an exciting training program that will prepare you to jump-start your welding career in as little as seven months.
What will I learn?
- Each student will learn industry safety, tape measurements, basic math, operate basic hand tools, operate all shop machinery, blueprint reading, basic welding principles and cutting procedures.
- Weld processes in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding(GMAW), Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW), and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW).
- Out of position welding
- Fit, prep, and welding Plate
What qualifications can I receive in this program?
Welding Students are encouraged to take their qualification weld tests. Below is a list of AWS (American Welding Society) qualifications each student can earn while in the General Welding Program.
- Steel SMAW All Position Plate, Limited – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel FCAW All Position Plate, Limited – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel GTAW 3G Plate, Limited – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel GMAW-S 2G Plate, Limited – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
- Steel SMAW Tack Welder Qualification – AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code
How long will I need to be in College?
Students can complete this program in just two semesters
What job or career can I get with a General Welding CSC ?
Upon completion each student will process the skills necessary for entry-level positions into structural and commercial welding industry.
All students that successfully complete the General Welding Program with a 3.0 GPA or higher will qualify for a payed apprenticeship with RepairTech LLC.
How much can I earn with a Gerenal Welding CSC ?
Below are the 2020 hourly wages for careers in the Welding Industry within the Hampton roads workforce region.